Everything you need to know about Argon in Australia
Argon is non-toxic, colourless, tasteless and odourless. Argon is the most profuse of the atmospheres rare gases. It is supplied in high pressure cylinders.
- GMA and GTA welding materials
- Inert atmospheres
- Filler gas in incandescent and neon lamps
- Plasma cutting (mixed with hydrogen)
- Gas chromatography
An Argon mix is a shielding gas mixture which provides welds of excellent appearance. Suitable for use on low alloy, high tensile, quenched and tempered steels.Suitable for solid wires and some flux core wires It is supplied in high pressure cylinders.
- MIG welding of mild and carbon steels
- Heavy section, deep penetration, low spatter
- The CO2 content means suitable for welding galvanised metals